Friday, March 11, 2016

MuleSoft Application Development With JMS Queue Explained: Part Two

Introduction

In the first part, I have covered the basic setup of mule flows using queues to publish and consume JMS messages. In this part, I will cover request-response exchange pattern. Basically we want to publish a message to a JMS queue and then wait for reply from the consumer. The details about how this can be achieved using Java are clearly described at this article
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

The Message Producer Configuration

The mule configuration for JMS endpoints has the exchange pattern of one-way or request-response. Check the request-response button as show in the figure below:
The XML configuration looks like the following:
        

Mule Flow Configuration

In order to demonstrate the request-response pattern, I created two flows, as shown in the following figure:
The corresponding XML configuration is listed as the following:



    
        
        
            
        
        
        
        
    
    
        
        
    


JMS Correlation ID

To set the correlation ID is critical to the request-response exchange pattern. Without this, the pattern will not work. Here is the how we can set the correlation ID:
        

5 comments:

  1. how we can map that correlation id to that response queue. want to send response to particular queue by using correaltion id. is is possible??

    ReplyDelete

  2. the blog is about mulesoft online course it is useful for students and Mulesoft Developers for more updates on mulesoft follow the link
    mulesoft Online Training



    For more info on other technologies go with below links

    tableau online training hyderabad

    ServiceNow Online Training
    Python Online Training

    ServiceNow Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary,
    Thank you for update from now onward I start to use MuleSoft in my training practice. Thank you for explaining each step-in screen shots. I use blogs for my easy reference which were quite useful to get started with.
    I am an Oracle SOA developer, I am new to MuleSoft, can you plz advise me how to learn and any documentation.
    Can you please explain difference between MuleSoft JMS Queue with ActiveMQ Library?
    According to mule soft tutorials I am working on file adapter, my use case is read file from one location and write into another location can you please explain how can I approach this use case in MuleSoft?
    I recommend Videos Courses from MuleSoft Training on Mac and Windows.
    I want to learn MuleSoft ESB , I am not a java resource, weather I am eligible to learn lot required to learn Java also.
    Please guide me and how the future market of the Mule looks like?
    Anyways great write up, your efforts are much appreciated.
    Muchas Gracias,
    Kishore

    ReplyDelete

  4. the blog is good and Interactive it is about Mulesoft API Developer it is useful for students and Mulesoft Developers for more updates on Mulesoft mulesoft Online training

    ReplyDelete

  5. An awesome blog for the freshers. Thanks for posting this information.
    Mulesoft Self Learning
    Best Mulesoft Training

    ReplyDelete

Anypoint Studio Error: The project is missing Munit lIbrary to run tests

Anypoint Studio 7.9 has a bug. Even if we following the article: https://help.mulesoft.com/s/article/The-project-is-missing-MUnit-libraries-...